Kaizen Convention 2018
The 26th Annual All-SEKISUI America Corporation’s (SAC) Kaizen Convention took place from October 16 to 18, 2018. The event was hosted by SEKISUI Specialty Chemicals America (SSCA) in Calvert City, KY.
Annual team presentation topics reflected the challenges SAC companies face as they compete in diverse markets with specialized products. Specific projects included:
- Efficiency Improvement in Automated Packaging Line
- Failure Rate Reduction of Hot Water Pumps
- Rewinder Downtime Reduction
- Hormone Testing Standards Assay Qualification
- Slurry Line Plugging Reduction
- Die Cleaning Improvement
- Film Contamination Reduction
The outstanding projects were awarded gold, silver, and bronze distinctions.
Combined, all of the projects generated an annualized $4.0 million (USD) in savings, avoided losses, and secured revenue.
The mainstay of Kaizen is continuous improvement. This ideal will continue to be a key focus of SEKISUI companies worldwide.